Sunday, January 11, 2009

two weeks

Do you know the difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut?

Two weeks.

I think I might have pushed the universe too far. On Friday I decided I wanted a haircut NOW. I went to this cute place I'd been eyeing. It was about 1:00 and she said she could get me in at 3:45. I stopped by one other salon on the way home to see if they could get me in sooner but no luck. I thought about canceling the appointment a hundred times but decided to keep it and just get it done. 

well...

It's not a bad cut. It's a great cut. Very well done. But short, oh so very short.
I keep re-playing it in my head over and over and I have no idea how it got this short.
I showed her a picture of what I wanted, the same picture I used last time, but this time it is so very, very short.





I'm still getting used to it. I feel very self conscious, like I have nowhere to hide. Not that my hair was very long before but I guess I just feel a little exposed. Honestly, it is growing on me, I still surprise myself in the mirror though. One of the strangest things is that it is all my natural color now. I usually have highlights or dye it blonde. I'm in denial about how brown my hair has become. My husband loves it. He keeps calling me his brown haired-blue eyed beauty. He said I look like a model.

I keep telling myself to just own up to it. Be the haircut. Be bold, be confident.
But the other half of me thinks I should knit a new hat.

xo

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I think it is so cute! You look like a pixie fairy!! :) TinkerWhit or WhitneyBell?? I'll have to ask my Kaci. She's an expert on Tinkerbell!!