Saturday, July 4, 2009

note to self

Hi self, I'm going to repeat this in case you didn't hear me the first time:

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. -Helen Keller

Small but grand accomplishments lately:



*new faux bois pants for Ray
I embroidered the left leg with a heart with an arrow through it and an R in the middle.

*I made Ray another pair of pants - in red, white and blue stripes - just call me patriotic.

*I made a new small zippered bag today, with my new oilcloth.

*I moved my zucchini from the front flower bed to underneath the corn (supposed to be good at deterring the buggers that like to crawl up the corn).

*I staked my tomatoes and gave my beans some new strings to climb up.

*I planted my new Ichiban Eggplant and my last pepper.

*I moved my lemon basil, which seems to be doing better these days.

*I planted my beets, swiss chard, spinach and some more radishes along the side of the house.

*I sold the display cabinet that used to sit where our new PANTRY is being built.

*I made the yummiest tuna salad for dinner (I added 1/2 a cucumber and a bunch of green beans) with fresh berries for dessert.

And my to-do list continues...

xo




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Whitney,

It was lovely seeing you today. I love your philosophy of making small things big. When you think about it, it's just very true. There is no such thing as a small or big task. They're just all tasks, each as important and wonderful as any. No need to differentiate! I've noted more lately than ever (especially since becoming a mom) that taking pride in WHATEVER you do is so important. We deserve it!

Again, sorry I can't attend the French Nest Open Air Market. I hope to be back in the swing of things creatively soon.

Have a great week,
Hannah