Sunday, October 5, 2008

the internet is like crack

As most of you know I have a love hate relationship with the internet.
I love how I can find answers right when I have a question, I love how I can research and learn new things, I love being able to 'meet' and talk with new people. I love being able to browse through things that I'd never buy/be able to afford and honestly, sometimes, I do like how I can completely 'check out' when I'm surfing the net.

It reminds me of when my husband is watching 'the worlds worst videos mixed martial art cops' show. 

"what do you want for dinner?"
"huh?"
"what do you want for dinner?"
"mm hmm"
"oh, you want fish? (he hates fish)
"....." (no answer)
"ok fish it is!"

(Ha hA! I actually played this one on him the other night and surprise surprise he actually liked the fish! )

Anyway my point was that sometimes real life is just so much better.

Lately my life has been so good that I haven't had the urge to be online, so I'm sorry about the lack of posts. Here's the skinny on the whats and whys:

~I'm planning a local craft fair for this holiday season. (If I can't find time to make things myself, maybe I can help others sell their things)

~I am actually selling more things locally than online (always a good feeling)

~We switched to cloth diapers. (yay no more stinky landfill waste) 

~I'm landscaping and planning out my new garden area. (super excited about this one)

~I am a composter. (you wouldn't believe how much longer it takes to fill our trash can now)

~We now recycle. (same as above)

~And we actually own half of a dairy cow and are now drinking raw milk. (the most delicious thing ever)

Ooh.. That last one may be taboo but I did my research and this milk is cleaner and is tested more than regular grocery store milk. It still has all of it's healthy enzymes and probiotics (and because of this, my lactose-intolerant husband can drink it). It also has more vitamin C than a glass of orange juice, not to mention all of the vitamin D and calcium.
This dairy is awesome. Through them I also have access to handmade cheeses and of course anything else dairy (yogurt, creme, cottage cheese..) I also can get 100% grass fed beef and pork. I'm in hog heaven.

So anyway, last but not least, my brother is coming to visit soon and that always makes me happy. He's my best friend and I can't wait to see him.

*wishing you happiness and sunny fall days*

xo





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love you! You are my sunshine.
Ta mere

Anonymous said...

How does your cow arrangement work? Thanks! (PS Justin VanAlstyne and Jess Hoff sent me.)