Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I've been robbed

Seriously.
Someone stole my cell phone and my iPod nano out of my car today.
I went out to lunch with a friend and my car was parked right in front of the restaurant.
Now before you start asking "oh, well, was your car locked??"

No. 
No it wasn't.

I have a karma security system installed on all of my possessions. I've always figured that if someone wants to steal something of mine, fine. Well, today somebody decided to take me up on that.

We ate at a restaurant near campus so I am ignorantly assuming that it was a poor student who took my things. I think that whomever they are they should first bring back my stuff and then second turn around and march right back into kindergarten and pay attention to that whole part about BEING NICE. 

There are many levels on which this incident just plain sucks but right now I am the most bummed about the fact that I had some really really cute photos of Ray on my phone.

To whomever you are, mystery thief, I hope Santa puts a big lump of coal in your stocking. 

xo

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Mean people suck. I was just thinking that my Monday extended about 24 hours too long. It sounds like yours did too. Hopefully tomorrow can just be Wednesday. I hope you get your stuff back. And I hope the naughty person gets a time out.

basta said...

Sorry! I think a lump of coal is Way To Nice; s/he should get Dick Cheney, right on their shoulder (keeping with the non-renewable resources theme). Better yet, hemorrhoids, so they think about what they've done every time they sit down. No, wait, even better, a wormy stick with mold.... you get the idea. Something good will come out of this... but what? when? how?

Anonymous said...

The "karma security system" is classic. I hear you. ...However, you might consider it an add-on to the whole "lock your doors" best practice. It's not just about stuff; it's a safety issue, too.