Monday, August 11, 2008

on the edge of balance


un-fair [uhn fair
1. not fair; not conforming to approved standards, as of justice, honesty, or ethics
2. disproportionate; undue beyond what is proper or fitting: an unfair share

This word has been popping into my head a lot lately.
What is it about life that makes me want to label it as unfair
What is it about certain situations that make me feel cheated and left out?

Why can't I have a sense of peace and gratitude towards everything and everyone in my life?

I think it might be a feeling of regret or the feeling that I let myself down that makes me label things unfair; like it was my choice and I could have changed/prevented it. 

I read a great post over at superhero journal:
Andrea wrote: "Shame can't survive when empathy is present," she told me. Something got rearranged in me when she said this. "Shame thrives in secrecy, it transforms in empathy."  
I thought a lot about this statement and realized that that is why I blog. When I have a problem and I write it out and present it to the world it becomes more than my little problem. It allows me to step back and look at myself from a new perspective.

So my point in all of this is what makes that feeling of unfairness disappear? 
Would writing about it help? I don't like talking about things as unfair, I generally think it just sounds like whining. So what do I do?

I'm wasting too much energy wishing things were different. How do you get to that place where it all makes sense?

Is life like snowboarding? (stay with me here) When things get difficult and you start falling down more does it just mean you are getting better?

xo

No comments: