Friday, March 13, 2009

anything but this.

I was on facebook checking the Handmade Militia group status when I saw it. 

"FCHS 1999 reunion"

There it was in all it's sans-serif glory. Staring right back at me. Taunting me. Judging me.
Reunion?
Reunion?
10 years?

There was a tightening in my chest, my breath becoming shallow.
Oh God.
I started scrolling through the members...
yep. yep. I knew you. mm hmm, you too. 
Then an overwhelming feeling came over me...


PANIC!


I vacillate.
I didn't actually graduate from FCHS in 1999 because my family moved to France and I graduated high school over there. So I don't know if I am technically invited which when I think about that I feel slightly relieved and then on the other hand I feel a teeny-tiny bit upset that I wouldn't be invited but if I was invited I wouldn't go, but because I may not be invited I have the smallest inclination to attend. 

oh high school, you with your vainglorious grip on my heart.

what's a girl to do?

(don't go)

(go)

(don't go)


xo

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I'll go if you go and I didn't graduate from there either! Marin invited me and after I reminded her about the technicality, she said "so what." So, "so what" to you too! :)

basta said...

Oh, go on... don't go. Or go. Why go? Why not that you don't go if you're going anyway? Or, take the time and instead find out who sells Breggos. Hope that helps, gotta go.

Anonymous said...

your on face book? And you never looked me up?!!?!?? Kidding...you should find me there are only like 3 Weitzels on facebook...lol