Tuesday, May 26, 2009

These things I've learned

So, 

(I like to start my posts this way because it makes me feel like I haven't been away, like I'm just starting a great story mid-sentence...)

So anyway, It's been a um. hectic past month. 
I don't even really know where to start. I guess I'll begin with what's bugging me most. 
I trusted someone and I let them into my personal life and they turned out to be a bad friend. I don't know how I missed this one. I don't know why I didn't see the flashing lights. I know it's dead and over with but I'm having a hard time fully letting it go. I find myself driving down the street replaying our last conversation in my head and feeling my blood pressure rise until I am all riled up and ready to fight... My husband thinks that like any relationship it will just take some time to get over but I still feel very angry about the whole situation, which isn't like me at all. Maybe that's what pisses me off the most, the negative-ness of it all. I think I need to forgive her. I'm sure this would all go away and I would feel better if I could just forgive her. But it's hard...

note to self: work on forgiving her.

Other than that I went to France for 2 weeks with Ray to see my mom and dad and it was incredible. I had a small craft fair on May 1st and a big craft fair on May 2nd. Both went well. My necklaces were in the May issue of Better Homes and Gardens (eek) and my computer almost crashed when I got bombarded with orders for silhouettes for Mother's day.  I averaged about 4 hours of sleep every night the week before Mother's day and the orders are still coming in. I had another craft fair on May 16th which also went well. We finished building and planting the garden beds and we installed a drip system. All that's left is the mulch and the sod and the tree. 

Ray will be turning one on Friday. 

one.

And motherhood's still the best gig I have.

xo

No comments: