Friday, March 13, 2009

sidenote

I stand by the saying that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I had an early meeting in town this morning and afterwards I popped into a nearby coffee shop because they sell these delicious concoctions called breggos. I haven't been able to find them anywhere else in town and this particular coffee shop keeps very odd hours so you can imagine how delighted I was to 1) see them open and 2) think about a delicious, warm breakfast. Well I walked up to the counter and asked if they had any Breggos and the guy working went off about how they were a terrible company and he will never do business with them again. He actually said "Now I never badmouth other businesses..." and then went on and on about how awful they were. He tried to sell me a breakfast burrito ("made with olive oil and fresh eggs") But I had to politely tell him that I really was in the mood for a Breggo. I left feeling disappointed that they didn't have any breggos but his bad attitude left me feeling more awkward than disappointed. Now if he would have just said "oh, sorry we don't carry those anymore" I would have left feeling just slightly disappointed. It's funny the difference a few mean words can make on someone not even related to the situation.

note to self: people don't like to hear about bad situations or negative emotions.

especially me.

xo

No comments: