Sunday, August 17, 2008

back to school


This explains everything: 

"I had what Oprah calls an "a ha!" moment yesterday. I was considering hiring a personal organizer and wondering why my apartment was so unorganized when I realized my year had no cycle. I wasn't going back to school, and thus, I didn't have that pre-back-to-school organizing frenzy: that time of year when you stock up on Trapper Keepers, clean out your desk and closet and get ready to start a new year." (from etsy article)

a ha!
A HA!

That's it. I'm going back to school.

Step One: We're replacing the carpet in our bedroom with wood floors today. HooRay! Repeat after me "Down with carpet! Down with carpet!" I am not a carpet fan. Never have been, never will be. Especially with five dogs. 

Step Two: Get rid of all of the junk we had to move out of our bedroom in order to lay down the floor.

Step Three: Continue along the de-junking path. Nothing is safe. Freecycle, Craigslist and eBay here I come!

But back to my scholastic desires... 
I have always had a weakness for school supplies. 

"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address." (-tom hanks in you've got mail)

Ooh, I'd love a bouquet of pencils! And maybe a fresh new moleskin to go along with them!

xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember Back-to-School time? The excitement of new school clothes, new school supplies.

Anonymous said...

I remember...my little plaid dress and new notebooks I took such care with.
Have you gotten your school supplies yet?