Monday, October 27, 2008

divide and conquer

I'm feeling very abstract today. 
Everyday really. 
I can't seem to pin anything down, make any progress. I feel like I'm wading through wet concrete. It's deeper than just my daily life, like spiritually I'm stuck. I'm feeling no greater purpose and I'm sure as hell not seeing any grande plan.
I feel like I need a jump start. A quick shock of inspiration. 
I'm trying to narrow my focus, eliminate the riff raff, but I feel swamped.

Imagine this: 
I feel like I am treading water in a pool filled with receipts and little scraps of paper and every time I move my arms and kick my legs I get covered in these wet sticky bits. If I stop treading, the water calms, the pieces float on by, and slowly I sink to the bottom...

ooh, analyze that one.

xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the big picture casts a shadow on the smaller things in life and it does seem like your stuck in the dark.

But when you take time to recognize the the small things around you (even they are little wet sticky bits) and unconditionally accept them as they are without guilt or regret, you can step (or gently swim) to the side and change your focus.

With a different perspective you can look up and off in the distance you'll get a better view of what's blocking the light.

Have some chicken and a cold beer.