Saturday, January 10, 2009

mondo beyondo

I've been procrastinating in writing this post because I wanted to make sure I had just enough time and was in just the right mood, but that day will never come so I think it is better to just start. In retrospect, I think that is one of the most important things I have learned this year. Just let go, don't cling so tightly to the plan. Just do. Just be.

...

In the year 2008 I learned:
a lot. 
I had a baby, I have been learning things every minute of every day. 
I've learned that I am stronger, wiser and more patient than I thought I could be. 
I learned that it is always best to listen to your gut. 
I've learned that the smell of baby poop first thing in the morning is probably the grossest thing on earth. 
I've learned that having a child is a fantastic, wonderful, magical thing.
Most importantly though, I learned that my heart can hold an infinite amount of love.

...

10 things I am grateful for:
my husband.
my son.
my brother.
my mom.
my dad.
my inlaws.
a roof over my head.
my backyard sanctuary and the horned skull that guards it.
my studio and all the crap that fills it.
my brain and all of it's never-ending ideas.

...

In 2009 I want to:
Build a chicken coop and raise chickens.
Plant a food garden.
Ride my bike more.
Build an earth stove.
Bake bread.
Make more of my own clothes.
Spend more time outdoors.
Read more books and watch less TV.
Expand my custom silhouette business.
Knit an article of clothing for myself.
Go back to yoga.
Perfect my yogurt making skills.

...

My mondo beyondo list:
I am going to write/illustrate and publish a bestselling book based on my blog The Belly Chronicles.
I am going to create and publish a keepsake children's book for parents and grandparents.
I am going to sell my artwork internationally.

...

2008 was fabulous. a hell of a year.
I only hope 2009 can keep up.

xo

1 comment:

jeanne@juNxtaposition said...

the book idea is a GREAT idea...i dont know you, at this point dont even remember how i found you...(through etsy, but that was from another link from some blog somewhere) anyway...i have just read your ENTIRE belly blog and i LOVED it....what a great idea that was. i have 3 kids and only with my last did i think to write down the story of his birth...he is now 18 and he still loves to hear all the details of how he was almost born in his aunt's car....we take the ride to the hospital every once in a while and i tell him each part as we ride along....anyway, my point was...go for it with the book idea....include all the pictures....wonderful !!