Tuesday, January 13, 2009

to hell in a handbasket

Right now my life is like the game jenga.
We're the strong tall tower of interlocking, balanced pieces and slowly but surely someone is pulling out the base from underneath us. We haven't fallen yet, but it seems inevitable.

I guess I always thought me and my husband would be immune to the free-falling economy. 
I can make things! I can cook things! In my own head we practically live off the grid. 

But here it is, knocking on my front door and not waiting for me to answer before it comes barging in. 
Me still in my PJ's caught all deer-in -the-headlights style. 

What? wait, no job? 
Wait, what? the transmission went out in your truck?

I can't make a new one of those.

I can feed us and I can clothe us but the mortgage company doesn't take cookies.
There's an answer out there, just out of reach.
I think I'll go on a long walk today and try to find it.

xo


No comments: