Tuesday, January 20, 2009

no, not really

so whip up has been having all of these studio profiles on their site lately and I have to say I am tired of looking at immaculate, perfectly organized spaces. I don't work like that, even if I did, who has time to keep their studio that clean? No offense to the owners of said studios but I thought I'd show you some pictures of my studio, just the way it is.

Sewing table but currently hijacked for the purpose of making new journals.


Sewing corner and the other half of the bookshelf is dedicated to old moldy books and half finished projects.

More sewing table and bookshelf. Back corner is computer nook and table to the left is the 'jewelry table'. Notice the chair in the middle of the photo? No, not the green one. If it wasn't covered in fabric you could see it and you would say "my, that is one lovely chair" I would reply, "thank you, I bought it at a thrift store for $12. It is one of my absolute favorites finds ever."
This chair is the bane of my husband's existence. The other day in fact, he turned to me and said, "you know what my favorite part of your studio is?" I said "no, please do tell" and he said "the fact that that ugly chair isn't in the house anymore."  ah. true love.


'jewelry table' on right and 'mixed media table' on the left. mixed media area is especially messy because I had to take everything down out of the window to fix/shut the window the other day and it hasn't been put back yet.

The photos are blurry and sort of bad but I just walked around with my mac and took them. 
So there you have it, a real, working studio (wink wink).

Trust me, I know where (almost) everything is. 
And if I don't know exactly where it is then I know what area it's in.
And even if I don't know what area it's in, I always know for sure that it's out in the studio.

xo

2 comments:

basta said...

Thank you! Great to see the apparent chaos of a highly functioning creative mind. I see a new book coming; "Disorganize It!", it will appeal to the creator in all of us.

Jeanne Oliver said...

I love it. Finally a real studio. Mine is not perfect either and I can't seem to keep it that way. I see people's pictures of gorgeous spaces and they don't look like places you could get dirty. I create...I make messes.