Friday, September 5, 2008

the apple of my eye

Our little Ray bear is getting so big.  
Today was the first day of Fall-like weather and I realized it was the perfect opportunity for him to wear the sweater I knitted him while I was pregnant. The only problem is that he's grown so big that it barely fits! The arms are still ok but the body of it is very short, sort of like a baby belly shirt. It is still pretty darn cute though. 

Speaking of crafting, I found this new awesome website called ThreadBanger. They run web episodes, sort of like an online tv channel. Well, they were running a contest to win a new Janome sewing machine. The rules were that you had to submit a video plea for why you needed a new machine. They said the videos would be judged on creativity and originality and on your passion for sewing. So I made a video and submitted it just in the nick of time (due date was midnight and I got mine in at 11:57) They said that the winner would be announced today so I have been patiently waiting all week and THEY DID NOT ANNOUNCE IT!! I've been checking the site all day and nothing! Not even any mention of the contest. I'm sorta bummed. I feel like I put all of this time and thought into my entry and I have no idea who won. 

And the reason I wanted to enter in the first place is because my piece of crap machine broke again and I'm in the middle of a huge sewing inspiration moment. Ugh.
Luckily my momma is letting me borrow her machine but man, it would be so nice to have a new, powerhouse of a machine, all my own. I've always gotten hand-me-down, sorta working machines. The type you spend more time fixing than sewing with.

Anyway, now I'm just ranting.

xo

No comments: