Friday, September 19, 2008

props to the moms, yo

Back when I was taking my prenatal yoga class, there was a core group of about 5 of us that were always there, others would come and go, but we were all due right around the same time. Well, now that we've all had our babies we still get together and hang out. 

It's been fun watching the other babies grow and listening to everyone's ideas and concerns. I'm much more of a listener in those kinds of situations and that's probably ok because most of the time I feel like I think about things that most other people don't.

But if there ever was a moment for me to speak up and be heard I would want to tell everyone that I think we are all doing a wonderful job.

So many of the moms are worried about this and afraid to do that and I just sit back and think "Well, I'd never really thought to be concerned about that" I think I walk away each week feeling even better about the choices I make and the way we are 'raising' this little man. Life's too short to be worried about what your doctor said versus what her doctor said.
Maybe I'm too lax. But I'd rather be accused of being too laid back than being too uptight any day. Anyway, my point is that no matter how we are all raising our babies, we are all raising our babies and that is good enough.

xo

1 comment:

Chakra Pennywhistle said...

"Life's too short to be worried about what your doctor said versus what her doctor said."

Goodness, that is so true! We love our Dr. but she can be a little too much sometimes. I also tend to brush her off with the little things because she doesn't have any kids. I know that I shouldn't but I just can't help it ;)