Thursday, September 11, 2008

depth of field


I think about making money a lot. 
More than I'd like to admit.
I find myself either spending time doing things or not doing things based on whether or not there's any profit involved. Sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't be more successful if I followed my heart and did what I felt like doing regardless.
If only I could make money for all of the time I spend thinking about money.

The changing of the seasons always seems to bring about reflection and reevaluation. I like to take a personal inventory and do a little priority check. My big question lately is what am I meant to do? Other people just seem to know. 

Lately, I have no idea. 

I feel like I'm always going in a million directions, pulling and pushing this way and that. Giving up on this to accomplish that. I'm running four different etsy stores, selling things locally and somedays I wake up and I don't want to do any of it. I know why I do so many different things, so that I don't get bored, but maybe if I focused on just one or two things I might grow and evolve in whatever medium that might be. Then I could just let the others fade into the background. 

I guess the only thing I know right now is that I love being a mom. I look forward to going to bed just because it means that I get to wake up the next morning, see that little boy's killer smile and do it all over again. 

xo

No comments: