Saturday, September 6, 2008

the early bird

My clock seems to be changing. I find myself getting sleepy before 10 pm. I actually don't mind going to sleep earlier. Sometimes I get so tired of watching tv that I would rather just go to bed. And a good thing about going to bed earlier means I naturally wake up earlier and then I don't feel like I'm wasting a chunk of my day sleeping. Ray bear just about slept through the night a few days ago. I fed him at about 11, when we went to bed and then I didn't feed him again until 5 am! Great for the beauty rest, not so great for the booby rest... (ha ha) But he didn't nap at all that day, so I think that had something to do with it.

Maybe I'm feeling more sleepy because I feel like I am carrying around some 'extra weight' these days. 
Not literally. 
Let me see if I can explain this.
Do you ever eat too much sugar or drink too much coffee and get all sorts of energy but then never do anything to burn it? And then you find yourself feeling more exhausted than if you had spent that energy actually doing something? Well I feel that way lately, only not so much with physical energy (although some yoga wouldn't hurt) but with mental energy. I haven't been doing enough mentally lately and it wears me out. Specifically, I haven't been doing enough creatively and I'm getting a little cranky... I'm hoping I can set up my new (borrowed) sewing machine tomorrow and make some stuff. I have so many new ideas. I'm looking forward to the fashion denver show (october 18th) I'm going to bring all sorts of clothes, bags, slips and jewelry. This will be the first time I try to sell my sewing stuff so wish me luck. So far I've had awesome luck online and I'm hoping that when people can see and feel the stuff in person it'll be even better. I'll try to post some pictures when I get some new stuff made.

I'll leave you with a small list of a few of my new favorite sites:

xo

1 comment:

Chakra Pennywhistle said...

OH! Exciting! I wish you the very best with your sewing! I know that it will be amazing:)